Thursday, January 19, 2006

Life Interrupted

Last weekend my son and grandson arrived from Atlanta to play in the snow for a couple of days! YAY! My whole week had been focused on their arrival and a weekend of family fun. We met for lunch, visited his grandfather and then headed to the other end of town for an evening at my daughter’s. Life is good!

And then life was interrupted. I stopped home to pick up some things and found my neighbor’s condo in flames. I pounded on his doors and called for him to come out but he was overcome by the smoke and died. In an instant my neighbor’s life was ended and my life was changed too.

Sudden loss leaves us reeling and numb. What do we do then? We find a safe haven in family, friends and faith. Last night three carloads of neighbors found comfort in a service for our friend in his childhood church.

How have you survived a sudden loss? What has brought you comfort? What is your safe haven?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home